Although this route always has riders on it, Thursday is the big ride day. As with previous Thursday rides, I rolled out ahead of the main pack...those guys are too fast for me. Rolling out ahead of the pack leaves me constantly thinking of someone behind me, sizing me up to be overtaken. I've had the fast pack overtake me before and it's not fun. I was wondering IF, WHEN and WHERE they may catch me. I saw many riders riding in the opposite direction, heading toward the start or toward the pack with plans to catch on as they came by. I thought with my head start, they should catch me near the end and I should be able to catch on for a fast pull for maybe the last few miles. Also in my thoughts were the ominous, grey clouds that looked to dump buckets of rain on me at any time. By mile eight, I was also overtaken by a solo rider. He rode by, said hello and I jumped on his wheel for a little pull. He was a big fella ridin...
Yesterday, I joined the atlbike.org ride from Rockmart. We rode a 65 mile loop from Rockmart to Alabama and back. Nice easy terrain, more rolling hills than anything, lots of open space...no car traffic but a good bit of wind. Overall, a very good day. A few pics below. We had a dozen show up for the ride. At 38 miles we took a break at Slaughter's in Easom Hill. Slaughter's restroom art, ain't that nice? Fill'r Up!
The CR1Pro was my utility vehicle today. In the bleak, darkness of last night my alternator gave its last gasp and rolled over and died leaving me stranded in the wilds of West Cobb. Luckily for me I was able to limp my Ford Ranger to the Racetrac where I was to leave it for the night. From the Racetrac, it was 4.18 miles to my house to complete my journey; I elected to go by foot rather than making as late night call for a ride and after an hour of running and walking I was safe at home. Since my plan this morning was bicycle to my Ranger, then Walmart for a battery, then back to my Ranger and attempt a resurection, I aired up the CR1Pro to 110 psi, not my regular 120 psi. Although my Mavic Ksyrium Elites are pretty much bullit proof, with the additional battery weight of about thirty pounds in my backpack, I didn't want to overburden my wheels and tires with high air pressure. The ride to the Racetrac was very enjoyable, it would have been a great day to just contin...
Comments
Post a Comment